xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Worship & Relationships

5.28.2013

Worship & Relationships

If you have ever set in church, I'm sure you have heard that Jesus sets the captives free. How you might ask? Well yesterday was not a good day for me. I definitely was moving backwards. I had no faith yesterday, I was captive to my fears, my past and present sins. I was chained up, and couldn't seem to get free. 

For the past month or so I have been hearing different things from Jeremiah, these things were so encouraging. So I figured this was God's way of telling me to read Jeremiah. I started it, but throughout reading all I can see is my sin. I'm chained up and can't seem to get free of my past, and I seem to be making the same mistake as the Israelites. God told them over and over again, repent and you will be restored, but because the prophets and priests only gave them good news they didn't believe Jeremiah's warnings. They believed they would be protected and no harm would come to them.

I believe the Israelite people kept going back to their idol because they lacked faith. See the Israelite nation was committing idolatry against God by worshiping with their neighbors, but their neighbors didn't worship the same God. Their neighbors worshiped what their own hands had made; they adorned these idols with gold and silver.  The Israelite people worshiped with their neighbors because they feared their neighbors and didn't trust that God would protect them.

This was me; I was going to church to please others. I was singing praises, but it was a hollow attempt to feel something. This made me feel empty. Why? I felt empty because everything I am was created to praise my maker. To have a relationship with him. This can be seen in Jeremiah 29:10-14. It says that God has plans for you. He has plans to do what is good for you, even when it appears to be the worst thing. He wants you to search for Him and you will find Him. Through truly finding him he will free you from captivity.

 I asked God to forgive me and to put the desire I once had back in me. He has blessed me, blessed me by continuing to draw closer to me as I draw closer to him. I have found that relationship I once had, and I don't feel empty. I know that God loves me and sees me as a treasure.

 So my prayer is that you will search for and find a relationship with God. I pray that He will remind you that He loves you, because it is in His love that you become free. The chains fall off. 

While you listen to it may it put that desire to draw closer to God and He will draw closer to you. 




Remind me Who I Am - By Jason Gray

(Chorus)
Tell me, once again who I am to You, who I am to You
Tell me, lest I forget Who I am to You, that I belong to You, to You

No comments:

Post a Comment