xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: In the Valley of Hopelessness: God's strength is there!

9.03.2015

In the Valley of Hopelessness: God's strength is there!

Hopelessness and lack of joy lead you further and further away from your first love, Christ. Lose the dry dusty bones and find that life giving water even in the valley. Join me in my favorite Bible Story and the lessons you can learn about using God’s power even in the valley.  | Grace 4 Me & UStanding in the valley, as I look around all I see is death and destruction. Surrounding me are bones. Not just any bones, these are dry bones. If I touch then they will fade away like dust. Dusty, dry bones, I've been there. I've been in situations that seem completely hopeless.


This reminds me of what Satan has been doing in my life. He is stealing my joy. He is killing my hope, and in doing so he is attempting to destroy the relationship I have with Jesus. Jesus told us this would happen.


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. - John 10:10

You are Not alone! 

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been there. Joy disappearing more each day.  My hope on life support and they are threatening to pull the plug. My desire for a relationship with the one who is watching it happen, going down the toilet.

Well if we look at the story of Ezekiel and the dry bones we find some hope for the hopeless.
God asked Ezekiel if those dry bones could live again. I'm going to ask you the same thing. Is there any chance your joy can live again? What about your hope?

Ezekiel had some smart words here in response to this question.

3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” I said, “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.” 4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! 5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’” - Ezekiel 37:3-6

Hopelessness and lack of joy lead you further and further away from your first love, Christ. Lose the dry dusty bones and find that life giving water even in the valley. Join me in my favorite Bible Story and the lessons you can learn about using God’s power even in the valley.  | Grace 4 Me & UOnly God knew if the bones could live again. So God told Ezekiel to prophesy that the bones would become whole, having flesh on them again. The rest of John 10:10 promises that Jesus came to give us life. I'm not talking about a hopeless life. No, he came to give us a full, hope filled life. 

This may take some faith, but God knows your future and he doesn't want you living dusty and dry. He wants to give you hope. Water filled hope!


How does God breath power into your Valley?


How do you regain your joy, your hope and your relationship with Jesus? I'm going to venture and say that you need to work this backwards.

Let's start with your relationship. You need to find your love for God, you do this by praying and spending time in the Word.  You need to trust him and his great love for you.


Next you need to pray for God to help you see His plans to prosper you. Ask him to open doors that no one can close, and close doors that are leading you away from him.

Now that you are back to building your relationship, pray that God will give you joy. That he will take whatever it is that is stealing your joy away. Ask him for strength and courage to stop following that path anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment