xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: 5 Reasons to Praise God everyday

11.05.2015

5 Reasons to Praise God everyday

Thanksgiving is coming upon us. Are you prepared to stand or sit around the table and say what your thankful for? Some people are getting a head start with 30 days of thanks. But why is thanking God important? Do you do it because everybody else is doing it?
I decided to compile a list of 5 reasons to praise (thank) God.
Reminding you that God deserves your praise by giving you 5 reasons to praise Him.

5. Connection
I don't know about you but I love to get my worship on with music. It puts me in a better mood. It gives me some of that joy unspeakable. Most of all it helps me to connect to Him.
But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. - Psalm 22:3 (KJV)
This verse reminds us that God inhabits his people's praise. I know He lives within me everyday, but I guess the communion between God, the Holy Spirit and me are amazing. They remind me that I am never alone, the Holy Spirit is in me.

4. Creative
God is creative. Do you need proof? Look out the window, see the beautiful colors of the leaves. If your looking at forest the colors meld together. God has to be creative to have been able to put together the colors, and the different types of animals.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. - Genesis 1:1-2
God took the time to create everything we see out our window, from nothing. Praise Him for this awesome gift.

Reminding you that God deserves your praise by giving you 5 reasons to praise Him.
3. Giving
We should praise God for all the blessings He gives and all the things He has done. God does so much for me, I'm sure he does the same for you. Sometimes I fail to see all that He has given me. So when I count my blessings it puts my life into perspective and humbles me.
Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits - Psalm 103:2
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. - Philippians 4:8
These verses remind us to not forget all God has done for us. It also reminds us that we should think on the positive stuff. Do you know why? I know when I focus on everything that seems to be going wrong my day goes slow and is just a bummer. 
Flip that around and when I think about the good and spend my day praising God, my day goes so much better. So let's not forget what God has done for us. 

2. Salvation
Another gift that God has given us is His own son. He sent Jesus to this earth to show us His love. 
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16
He wants a relationship with us, and Jesus is the link that brings us that relationship. 
God deserves our praise for this. Plan and simple. 
Reminding you that God deserves your praise by giving you 5 reasons to praise Him.

And the number one reasons to praise God! 

1. Who he is!

God is God! God is good! He is great and to be praised! 
For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods.  - Psalm 96:4
No matter what God does. No matter what God doesn't do. No matter what God allows us to go through. He is still worthy of our praise. 
Join me this week. I would love to hear your praise. Maybe if someone is struggling counting their blessings.  Your praise will help them to focus on the good. 
What is God doing in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment