xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Trust in God, He sees the whole picture

1.27.2013

Trust in God, He sees the whole picture

So God wants us to trust him because he is ever present. He is in our past, with us now and is leading us into the future He already knows about. I taught a youth group lesson about how God knows the whole picture. We told the story of the last supper. While we told the story of the last supper someone was drawing something that at first appeared to be a bunch of lines.

Reminders of why we should put our faith in God and trust Him through our actions, by knowing that He loves us and He already sees the whole picture.
Original Picture by TheFourthLink
During the Last Supper, Jesus told the disciples that one of them would betray him. The disciples became curious and asked who it would be. He told them it would be who he gave the bread to. Jesus gave Judas the bread and then told him to go and do what he needed to do quickly. After all of this, everyone should have known that Judas was going to betray Jesus. Did they, no! They thought that he was going to buy what was needed for the feast or was going out to help the poor. (John 13:18-30)

Reminders of why we should put our faith in God and trust Him through our actions, by knowing that He loves us and He already sees the whole picture.
At the end of this story, the drawing was a full blown picture of Jesus and his disciples at the last supper. See Jesus knew the whole picture. Not only did Jesus know the whole picture then, he knows the whole picture now. He knows what we are going through, our struggles and fears. He asks that we trust him and follow where he leads.

This is something I am struggling with. See Jesus is trying to free me. Free me from my fears and asking me to follow him. He keeps showing me that he has plans to prosper me not to harm me. (Jeremiah 29:11 [I have seen this verse about 10 times in the past few months]). God is trying to get my attention. He has this great plan for me, but my fear is paralyzing me from moving forward. He knows that so yesterday I was reading from Chatting at the Sky blog. Emily the writer asked everyone to be courageous this weekend. I also woke up yesterday morning thinking about a video from Tenth Avenue North's video Fear is just a Lie. Add to that my pastor has been preaching on trusting God.




I have a feeling God is telling me to fear not! He wants me to take that step out of my comfort zone. I know where God is leading me he just wants me to trust him, he will protect me.


 Fear is Just a Lie

No comments:

Post a Comment