xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Extremely long time

5.19.2013

Extremely long time

I know it has been an extremely long time since my last post. A lot has happened, sickness for me and my sister. Church duties arose when in my mind I wasn't ready to take them on. I'm still struggling with keeping my focus on God and not allowing Satan to scare me away from this new task.

I still struggle with God's grace, as I start to believe it is sinking in I fall backwards 10 steps and wonder if I am even lovable. Today, I know God loves me, he has great plans for me. Today, I know this.

My sister send me the following quote which is one of my favorites probably because I allow fear to dictate me life. I also have a really bad habit of not letting my light or potential fully shine for fear of making others feel inferior. But in hiding what God has made me, I am hiding the light he has put in me. The light that points back to Him, my great maker.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - Marianne Williamson
Take a note for the day.  Don't fear who God made you. Don't fear that you are inadequate, and most of all don't fear your power. Because God is the one who gives you the power you have. Great power, power to make mountains move both real rocky mountains and figurative little mole hills that you find yourself dealing with every day. So accept your power and know that it points back to the one who created you. So many people in the Bible shouldn't have been able to do what they did, but when they did what God called them to do, it pointed back to Him.  We are still talking about these people (Little David comes to mind immediately).

Thank you Dear Jesus, for creating me not to be my own stumbling block, but as a hill so my light may shine bright. Thank You for allowing my light to shine so brightly it can only point back to You.  Thank You for the power You have put inside of me, the Holy Spirit that guides me. Thank You dear Lord, for desiring to use me. Help me to not shrink back so others don't feel the warmth of Your light, give me courage to be what You have called me to be, and do what You have called me to do. Liberate me from my fear and in doing so may You use me to liberate others from their fear.

In Jesus Name,
Amen