xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Needing grace and prayers

8.05.2013

Needing grace and prayers

I really needed grace today so I borrowed a Tenth Avenue North CD from my sister. I knew a post would come out of it, but one song in particular gave me a strong desire to pray. Not for myself but for a old youth member from my church. He was one of the first students I helped lead, so I have a general attachment to him and his family. Add that his sister was my first and since she graduated a friendship has really taken off with her.

Well once becoming a teenager, he hit a stage where I didn't know where he stood, and neither did he. He believed in God but he wanted to rule his own life. I really thought that had changed as he accepted Christ this past year, but I wonder if he felt pushed into it because once again he has decided to rule over his own life.

“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. --1 Corinthians 6:12
 
In reality by ruling his own life he is actually becoming a slave to his own wants and desires. He is not allowing God to help him make important decisions. He is jumping the gun and searching for freedom in a world that wants to make him a slave.

I pray for him, I also pray for his parents. I fear he will end up in chains, chains that are so comfortable. In fact with given the opportunity to take communion recently he rain away. Ran from God's grace. How very sad, I have been there. I didn't want to face God because of the things I had done. So I pray for him...

Dear Lord, free him and me. While our chains are different the freedom we both want is the same. Free us from the chains that hold us.Show us your grace and give us courage not to run from your love.Draw him close to you, and remind him of the lessons he has learned. In Jesus' Holy Name. Amen.

Now I must have faith that God who loves and cares for him much more than I do. Much more than his parents, God will keep him safe and draw him back to him

No comments:

Post a Comment