xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Boy was I wrong.

12.05.2013

Boy was I wrong.

At the beginning of the year I really felt the word God wanted to work on me this year was free. Yeah I was so very wrong. How about the words, faith and patience. Yep those pretty much ruled my year.

The sad part is it hit me, like running into a wall, just a week ago. How could I have missed it for all these months? Yes, Jesus wants to free me, and he has. The chains I wear of fear don't come from him. But really the chain are from lack of faith and not being patient.

I recently read where faith was defined as love in action. That is where I fail. Faith in the unseen and things hoped for and I fail in the action part. Add in the fact that God keeps telling me to be patient.

The best example of what I am talking about is Abraham and Sarah. In Hebrews we have an awesome review of this story. Hebrews 11:8-12. Abrahm took his faith in what God had promised and set out to follow where God sent him. He went to new places, he laid with his barren wife, in hopes of having a the child he was promised. Faith in action. He isn't the only one to take faith in the unseen, following through on promises with great hope.

Patience is hard, it was never meant to be easy. If patience was easy nobody would need it. Sarah waited years before having her promised child. She even took matters into her own hand and things didn't end so well.

Which reminds me of Psalms 127:1-2

"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain. In vain you rise early, and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for he grants sleep to those he loves. "

Patience helps us appreciate the things we receive more. I dislike being patient, but I look forward to the joy at the end of the waiting. May God pour his blessings down.

No comments:

Post a Comment