xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Righteous living speaks volumes

6.20.2014

Righteous living speaks volumes

I have been reading from Hosea this week. I feel as if I unlovable so I thought reading about how much God love his people and the example he used through Hoses was important. So I press on reading.
 
In Hosea chapter 10 I catch a glimpse of a lesson. It is about righteous living and the shame that comes when we aren't living right.  I remember seeing the difference between guilt and shame. Guilt brings about confession while shame is an after I am caught confession. Shame causes us to beat ourselves up. Shame beats us up and brings no peace.
 
In Hosea 10:5-6 it says

"The people who live in Samaria fear
    for the calf-idol of Beth Aven.
Its people will mourn over it,
    and so will its idolatrous priests,
those who had rejoiced over its splendor,
    because it is taken from them into exile.
It will be carried to Assyria
    as tribute for the great king.
Ephraim will be disgraced;
    Israel will be ashamed of its foreign alliances."
 
According to a note in my bible when Israel split into the northern king made Beth Avenue a place to worship instead of Jerusalem. There he put a gold calf, this was plan and simple idol worship. This golden calf was taken away to the king of Assyria and the people world be disgraced. If you don't finish the verse you may think they were disgraced for losing something from the temple but in reality it was simply for having an idol, which goes against the law of God.
 
How many times are we judged by nonbelievers because of failings within the church. Same concept; this is shameful. I know that we are too live out our own convictions but if we live a righteous life then this shame wouldn't exist.

From Bogdan Suditu
Satan wouldn't have darts of shame to throw at us. I know we all fall and we should have faith that were we fail Jesus covers us. Flirting with unrighteousness brings about that shame and disgraced when you fall.
 
So leave your idols behind and run to God who has open arms to accept you. You are the beautiful bride and  so live your life pleasing to him.
 
 
 
Dear Lord,
 
Help me to see your love for me. Give me a passion and desire to live a life pleasing to you. Give me mercy and grace when I fail. Also give me courage to stand up and run from temptation.
 
In Jesus Name,
Amen