xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Overcoming Fear with God's Love and Truth

8.20.2015

Overcoming Fear with God's Love and Truth

Being paralyzed by fear is not fun, but God promises to be with you. He puts his angels in charge of protecting you. So use faith in God’s love and trust Him as you take one step at a time. | Grace 4 Me & U
Charlie the Dragon Slayer: Standing over his Fears.
Fear, I'm positive I have talked about how my fear has a tendency of paralyzing me. Fear and fright hit me, I stand still. I hate this process. I have moved to a new step. I finally took a step, and now I can't help but be fearful that it wasn't led by God like I thought.

Have you ever felt this way. Standing still in fear and then fearful the decisions you have made are all wrong? It was this that lead me to do a Bible study on Fear. I know I'm not the only person who deals with fear, so here you go.

Time to combat some fear!

In God's word we're reminded that when we are fearful we need to refocus and put our trust in God.
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you In God, whose word I praise—in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? - Psalms 56:3-4
We are also reminded that God is for us!
 Record my misery; list my tears on your scroll[d]— are they not in your record? Then my enemies will turn back when I call for help. By this I will know that God is for me. - Psalms 56:8-9
 The reminder that God is for us means that we can take comfort in him. We can dwell in his shelter like a bird dwells under it's mother. He is the wall around us that keeps us safe.
Being paralyzed by fear is not fun, but God promises to be with you. He puts his angels in charge of protecting you. So use faith in God’s love and trust Him as you take one step at a time. | Grace 4 Me & UWhoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]  I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” - Psalms 91:1-2
 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, - Psalms 91:4-5
 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will  overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. - Psalms 91:9-12
Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” - Psalms 91:14-16
 These verses serve as a reminder that we should not fear, because 1. God loves us, he puts his angels in charge of our protection. 2. God is our refuge where we can rest from our worry.  This doesn't mean disaster will never come, but that when it does we know that God will take care of our needs.

Do Not Fear for God is with You!

You remember how I said I felt I had made the wrong steps. Well guess what God's word covers that too.
But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord. - Jeremiah 1:7-8
If God sends you, He will give you words and protection. In the example I mentioned earlier I felt that God was leading me to take a step forward. I took that step and everything went smooth. Well at least in the beginning. God protected me and guided my steps. W

hy did God protect me? It is because I am valuable to him, and so are you!
Being paralyzed by fear is not fun, but God promises to be with you. He puts his angels in charge of protecting you. So use faith in God’s love and trust Him as you take one step at a time. | Grace 4 Me & U Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. - Luke 12:6-7
Do you know what the opposite of fear and worry is? It is faith!
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. - John 14:1
So in those moments when fear sneaks up on you. When you start to become paralyzed, pray that God will give you words to say and lead your steps. He will. Why because He loves you so much, and You are worth it. 

Dear Heavenly Father, Please touch each person reading this. Give them the strength they need, the words to say. Help to increase their faith and help them to trust You. In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment