xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: God is good! Truth behind the lie!

8.22.2015

God is good! Truth behind the lie!

Eve fell for the lie that what God had for her wasn’t enough. God was holding out on her. Have you fallen for this lie? Let’s venture together to find truth in God’s word. | Grace 4 Me & UI fell the other day; I fell hard for the same lie I fell for last time, and the time before that. This lie is huge, yet so basic it eats at me. I wouldn't be surprised if you've fallen for it too.
The lie I'm talking about is the lie that even though God loves me, and gives me what I need. Those things just aren't good enough. I want and want. I want what I can't have, and in reality isn't good for me. The lie continues to say that because God doesn't give me these things then I'm not good enough.
I feel like a kid on the playground. Wishing that the people who have decided that I'm not important would change their mind. Wishing those people would decide the things God has given me are good also.  If those people don't change their minds about who I am and what I have then they are right. Everything that God has said about me and the promises and things He has given me is the lie. It isn't good enough. Is it?
No, my worth is not tied up in those people. No, my worth comes from the creator who bought me with the ultimate price. See this lie is the same one Eve fell for. She fell for the lie that God and all he gives us isn't enough. Here I am doing the same.
The difference, Jesus has bought me, and I receive grace in the middle of my adult sized toddler fit. I have a God who is standing there arms wide open.
Job went through the worst, losing wealth and family. Yet his friends and wife told him to curse God and die. Yet he stood in his faith.
7 So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the crown of his head. 8 Then Job took a piece of broken pottery and scraped himself with it as he sat among the ashes. 9 His wife said to him, “Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!” 10 He replied, “You are talking like a foolish[b] woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” In all this, Job did not sin in what he said. Job 2:7-10
Sometimes my faith waivers for a season. Yet I give myself grace. Why, because I know that through the good, bad, and extremely ugly I am loved.
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16
So today I offer myself grace. Praying that when you stand in that garden, and Satan serpent tries to convince you that God is holding back.  Please try to remember that God bought you with a price and that he promises to give you a fish instead of a serpent. For those times when you believe the lie, give yourself grace. It is a freeing gift.
Eve fell for the lie that what God had for her wasn’t enough. God was holding out on her. Have you fallen for this lie? Let’s venture together to find truth in God’s word. | Grace 4 Me & U9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! - Matthew 7:9-11
12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:12-13
Remember that if God gives you plenty or if He gives you little it doesn't affect your worth. He wants you to be content in what He has given you, because He knows the good, the bad and the ugly.
Dear Lord, Give us contentment in all that you have given us. Give us strength to hope, but knowledge and faith that You know what is best for us. Thank you for not giving us a serpent. In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment