xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Bible Study Breakthrough: Sketch Noting Example

8.25.2015

Bible Study Breakthrough: Sketch Noting Example

On Wednesdays of August I have been using the theme of Bible Study. We started by looking at why Bible study is important. If you have been a Christian for any length of time I'm sure you have heard how important Bible study is, so you make it something you have to do. Then when you follow through your excited. When you miss your quiet time, messing up again, you're upset with yourself. So a few weeks ago I wanted to remind you that you are still loved.

To help you get started with your own Bible Study last week I showed you Genesis 2 using the SOAP method. Today I'll show you Genesis 2 using Sketch Noting. I have been using Sketch Noting for our Pastor's sermons, and I really like it.

Bible Study is important. One way to do Bible Study as well as taking notes during sermons is through sketch noting. Find out what is working for me. | Grace 4 Me & U
For Bible Sketch Noting I use three symbols. When you have a system with of symbols.  Then a quick glance at your notes and you can tell  thoughts from scripture.

Bible Study is important. One way to do Bible Study as well as taking notes during sermons is through sketch noting. Find out what is working for me. | Grace 4 Me & UWhat do I do? I use a thick outline for Scripture I write out.  I use a thought bubble for thoughts that I think are Twitter worthy! For references that I need to look up I do a thin box, with an idea of why I'm going there.

As I pointed out in my last post, I think starting out in prayer is important. So let's pray.


Dear Heavenly Father, I praise you for being almighty. I thank you for giving us your word so we may better know you.  Please guide this Bible Study, helping me to see what you wish me to see. In Jesus Name, Amen



Okay know that you know what I do, and we have prayed. Let's sketch note through Genesis 2.
 
I start by picking the verses that speak to me. You can see I choose Genesis 2:3; 18; 23-24. I write those down and do my thick boxing.

Next I see what God is revealing to me. God revealed a lot to me in these verses.

You will notice LABN: 2-3, LABN is Life Application Bottom Note. These are things that I felt I need to apply to my life.

God also reminded me that He took time to rest, so I should too.

You will notice that I note that Jesus even rested, and God commanded us to rest. To help us God gave us a life giving spirit, the Holy Spirit.





How can you use this idea to help you with your study of scripture? Do you think you can replicate this ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment