xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Redemption in Your Life: Day One

9.21.2015

Redemption in Your Life: Day One

Redemption started at the cross when Christ bought us back. In doing so he offers us freedom. The question is do you live your life in that freedom? Join me as we learn about Redemption and how to live our life in freedom.  | Grace 4 Me & U

I am inviting you to join me for a guided Scripture Journal on redemption. I am using the YouVersion Bible App plan 4 Days Toward Redemption. I am going to recommend signing up for this plan and work with me.

I'm going to use the SOAP method. Redemption started at the cross when Christ bought us back. In doing so he offers us freedom. The question is do you live your life in that freedom? Join me as we learn about Redemption and how to live our life in freedom. | Grace 4 Me & U

Are you ready? Let's get started!

What is redemption? According to the online Webster Dictionary.

redemption

noun re·demp·tion \ri-ˈdem(p)-shən\
: the act of making something better or more acceptable
: the act of exchanging something for money, an award, etc.
Christianity : the act of saving people from sin and evil : the fact of being saved from sin or evil

Jesus came to redeem us. I praise God for redeeming me. He makes me better, but it is a process. 

The Devotion for today ends with a reminder: the journey toward redemption is filled with goals that are extremely personal for you and that may look different from anyone else’s. What are your goals? What do you want over these next four days? (Don't fear if you can't answer this right now, it took me working through the first lesson before I could answer it.)

Below is what I got from the reading: Remember that what you have will be much different.


Scripture: 
Read Galatians 5:16-25; 1 Corinthians 10:23-30
Write the verses word for word that really speak to you. 

 I choose:
 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. - Galatians 5:16-18
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. - Galatians 5:22-25
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth. - 1 Corinthians 10:23-24
 
Observation: 
Write your observation from the verses you read.

Redemption started at the cross when Christ bought us back. In doing so he offers us freedom. The question is do you live your life in that freedom? Join me as we learn about Redemption and how to live our life in freedom. | Grace 4 Me & U  The flesh is us living for ourselves. The Spirit is living for Christ and doing what he leads you to do. If we are led by the Spirit the law is no longer a weight on us. We are Free! Just because we are free we need to stay in check. (Keep our flesh in check)



Application: 

How do you apply this to your life?

How do we keep our flesh in check? 
  1. Spending time in the Word (Bible).
  2. We ask ourselves is this for me?
  3. Will this steal my Freedom?
I once heard that you should test the spirit the spirit in prayer. If it sticks with you through the prayer it is Spirit led. 
 
Redemption started at the cross when Christ bought us back. In doing so he offers us freedom. The question is do you live your life in that freedom? Join me as we learn about Redemption and how to live our life in freedom. | Grace 4 Me & UPrayer:
 
 Ask God to help you apply this to your life.
 
Dear Heavenly Father, I praise you for the freedom. I receive in you. Please help me to walk in the Spirit helping others and living with your Fruit and not my flesh. Open my ears to hear you guiding me. Help me to evaluate my desires against your word. In Jesus' Holy Name, Amen
 
Now that you have seen my version of the SOAP method through, give it a try. Once your down feel free to join the conversation by telling me. Which verses popped out at you? or What you observed in these verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment