xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Redemption in Your Life: Day Two

9.22.2015

Redemption in Your Life: Day Two

Redemption started at the cross when Christ bought us back. In doing so he offers us freedom. The question is do you live your life in that freedom? Join me as we learn about Redemption and how to live our life in freedom.
I hope you joined me yesterday for Redemption in Your Life: Day One.  I am using the YouVersion Bible App plan 4 Days Toward Redemption. I am going to recommend signing up for this plan as you work with me.

Yesterday we learned:

Redemption is the act of saving people from sin and evil : the fact of being saved from sin or evil Jesus came to redeem us.

The flesh is us living for ourselves. The Spirit is living for Christ and doing what he leads you to do. If we are led by the Spirit the law is no longer a weight on us. We are Free!

I am excited about today. Let's learn more about the redemption that Christ offers us.

Ready? Good, grab your journal, your Bible, and a pen. 

Scripture: 
Read John 3:1-21; John 8:2-11

Write the verses word for word that really speak to you. 

 I choose:
  Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. - John 3:5-6
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. - John 3:16-18
 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” “No one, sir,” she said. “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.” - John 8:7-11

Observation: 
Redemption in Your Life: Day Two | Redemption started at the cross when Christ bought us back. In doing so he offers us freedom. The question is do you live your life in that freedom? Join me as we learn about Redemption and how to live our life in freedom. 
Write your observation from the verses you read.



We must be born of the Spirit to make it to Heaven. The Spirit lives within us and gives us direction. Jesus didn't come to condemn us, he offers us hope and freedom but he doesn't want us to stay stuck in our sin.

Application: 

How do you apply this to your life?

Because Jesus does not condemn us, we should not condemn others. We are not sinless so we have no right to condemn anyone. As we are forgiven we should start a new life away from sin. 


Prayer:
 Ask God to help you apply this to your life.
Dear Lord, Thank you for not condemning me in my sin. Thank you for offering me love. Help me to offer those around me the same life giving love, not condemning them for not living up to a standard I can't even meet. In Jesus Name, Amen
Now that you have seen my version using the SOAP method through, give it a try. Once your done feel free to join the conversation by telling me. Which verses popped out at you? or What you observed in these verses?

No comments:

Post a Comment