xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Jesus Said: Love your Enemies & Pray

2.08.2016

Jesus Said: Love your Enemies & Pray

Dear Lord, forgive me...  As we look at what Jesus taught about love the first set of verses brought about convictions. Conviction to change. I prayed for forgiveness, peace, and strength to battle my enemies on my knees.

Today's reading and Journaling is:  Matthew 5:43-47

You can do this by writing the scripture, you can also join me in using art. Print the large or small version of our Lessons on Love, from Jesus lesson.

********************************************************
But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you - Matthew 5:44

Dear Lord, forgive me...

Dear Lord, forgive me...  As we look at what Jesus taught about love the first set of verses brought about convictions. Conviction to change. I prayed for forgiveness, peace, and strength to battle my enemies on my knees.As we look at what Jesus taught about love the first set of verses brought about convictions. Conviction to change. I prayed for forgiveness, peace, and strength to battle my enemies on my knees.

1. Forgiveness

Forgiveness because when people mistreat me my natural instinct is to fight back. If I stick with this, then I'll be like Romeo and Juliet's family. Feeding the anger and not even remembering what started it. I don't want that. So I also pray for the ability to forgive those who have hurt me. 

2. Peace

I prayed for peace. Peace in my own heart and peace in the situation. God doesn't want me to live in bitterness. He came to offer peace. When I live in bitterness, then I can't live in His peace. I'm losing out and I want all He has to offer me. 

3.  Strength to battle on my knees

I also prayed for strength to battle my enemies on my knees instead of with my words and actions. Jesus showed us this way, and as His follower, I want to follow His lead.

I would love to hear what you got out of today's verses? Let me know in the comments below. 

Don't forget to join us tomorrow for more lessons on Love from Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment