xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Unwavering Faith to beat Fear this year!

3.02.2016

Unwavering Faith to beat Fear this year!

Once upon a time I had faith. That faith grew and grew, and then I stumbled upon a lie. As I let that lie sit there, I pondered it. The lie, oh it was horrible. I wasn't sure what I was going to do. Eventually, that lie led me down rabbit holes that filled up quickly with feelings of inadequacy and depression.

Let me tell you what. I have those moments of pure hope, and faith. It is in those moments I feel like I could move mountains.

Once upon a time I had faith. That faith grew and grew, and then I stumbled upon a lie. As I let that lie sit there, I pondered it. The lie, oh it was horrible. I wasn't sure what I was going to do. Eventually, that lie led me down rabbit holes that filled up quickly with feelings of inadequacy and depression.

This reminds me of a story of something that happened in Jesus last week.
Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered.  When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. “How did the fig tree wither so quickly?” they asked.  Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” - Matthew 21:18-22


I'm guessing that you are wondering how this story has anything to do with my rabbit holes of fear and lies? 

See those lies led me to feeling completely alone and abandoned, which made my fear even worse. How could anyone bear to be around me, if I couldn't pull myself up by my bootstraps? How could God love me, when I let fear steal my faith? I am making that leap today. 

Okay, I've been jumping from one lily pad to another for the past few months, but today I take a huge hop and jump further, and hopefully onto solid ground. 
Once upon a time I had faith. That faith grew and grew, and then I stumbled upon a lie. As I let that lie sit there, I pondered it. The lie, oh it was horrible. I wasn't sure what I was going to do. Eventually, that lie led me down rabbit holes that filled up quickly with feelings of inadequacy and depression.

This verse reminds me that if I have faith and do not doubt, I can do more than wither a tree, I can move mountains. See those faith filled days, I really could move that mountain. The mountain I am going to move today is fear. 

See the same spirit in that was there when God created the word, was also inside Jesus. Guess what...that same spirit lives inside me. This plus God's wonderful love give me the ability to do great things, but what about unwavering faith. Well that comes in not pondering the lie, not following it down the rabbit hole. 


That lie filled rabbit hole leads to death and destruction. But this kind of faith leads to broken chains, and everlasting life. So today, join me as I say mountain of fear, into the ocean you must go. Oh yeah, fear, no peaking out of the ocean, for it will swallow you. 

Dear Lord, I know you love me. Yes me, I come to you in faith asking you to remove this fear. I know this fear is not of you, so may it produce no more fruit. Help me to have unwavering faith, as lies come. In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment