xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Redemption in Your Life: Day Three

9.23.2015

Redemption in Your Life: Day Three

Redemption started at the cross when Christ bought us back. In doing so he offers us freedom. The question is do you live your life in that freedom? Join me as we learn about Redemption and how to live our life in freedom.

I hope you joined me this week for Redemption in Your Life: Day One and Redemption in Your Life: Day Two.  I am using the YouVersion Bible App plan 4 Days Toward Redemption. I am going to recommend signing up for this plan as you work with me.

Yesterday we learned:

The Spirit lives within us and gives us direction. Jesus didn't come to condemn us, he offers us hope and freedom but he doesn't want us to stay stuck in our sin.

Because Jesus does not condemn us, we should not condemn others. We are not sinless so we have no right to condemn anyone. As we are forgiven we should start a new life away from sin.

I am excited about today. Let's learn more about the redemption that Christ offers us.

Ready? Good, grab your journal, your Bible, and a pen. 

Scripture: 
Read Matthew 7:1-12 and 2 Corinthians 12:1-10

Write the verses word for word that really speak to you.

 I choose:

Redemption started at the cross when Christ bought us back. In doing so he offers us freedom. The question is do you live your life in that freedom? Join me as we learn about Redemption and how to live our life in freedom.“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. - Matthew 7:1-2

“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. - Matthew 7:6

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. - Matthew 7:12



 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10


Observation: 

Write your observation from the verses you read.

We are not to judge others because God will judge us by the same measure. Every one of us are sinners. We can't cast our beliefs to unbelievers expecting to be accepted.  They will trample our beliefs. This is another reason judging is out. People respond better to love, so judgements will be trampled and we will be torn to pieces. If we are to help someone else we must admit our weaknesses and show the power of Christ through those weaknesses. 

Application: Redemption in Your Life: Day 3 | My Journal | Ona C.

How do you apply this to your life?

Admit your weaknesses to God and man, then show were God has brought you from. This allows you to show more compassion and love toward those who sin around you.


Prayer:
 Ask God to help you apply this to your life.

Dear Heavenly Father, I am weak, I ask you to remind me of my weaknesses when around others. Use this to help me show compassion to others. In Jesus Name, Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment