xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Grace 4 Me & U: Redemption in Your Life: Day Four

9.24.2015

Redemption in Your Life: Day Four

Today is day 4 of the Redemption in Your Life guided Scripture Journaling. I hope you have enjoyed what you have learned.  If you missed a day, why not go back and work through Redemption in Your Life: Day One, Redemption in Your Life: Day Two or Redemption in Your Life: Day Three.  I am using the YouVersion Bible App plan 4 Days Toward Redemption. If you didn't sign up for it and work with me I recommend signing up for this plan and going through it again.

Redemption started at the cross when Christ bought us back. In doing so he offers us freedom. The question is do you live your life in that freedom? Join me as we learn about Redemption and how to live our life in freedom.

Yesterday we learned:

 If we are to help someone else we must admit our weaknesses and show the power of Christ through those weaknesses.

Admit your weaknesses to God and man than show where God has brought you from. This allows you to show more compassion and love toward those who sin around you.

 I know I said this yesterday, but boy oh boy am I excited about today's lesson.

Are you ready? Good, grab your journal, your Bible, and a pen, and let's get started.

Scripture: 
Read John 13:12-17; John 13:31-35 and 2 Corinthians 4:7-18

Write the verses word for word that really speak to you.

 I choose:
 
Redemption started at the cross when Christ bought us back. In doing so he offers us freedom. The question is do you live your life in that freedom? Join me as we learn about Redemption and how to live our life in freedom.  “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. - John 13:13-16

 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”- John 13:34-35

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Observation: 

Write your observation from the verses you read.

As Christians we are to follow Jesus' example. Jesus loved and served others. As His followers we should love and serve those around us, because we do this others will know we are followers of Christ. As we work diligently we need to keep our focus on Jesus and our Heavenly father.

Application: 

How do you apply this to your life?

 Serving others as Christ served is a blessing (John 13:17). We are called to show God's love by serving others. If we don't it is like saying we are better than Jesus and we aren't. Sometimes this life causes us to wear down when serving others. Paul knew this so he gave advice to not focus on the earthly things we can see but to focus on the unseen Heavenly things.



Redemption started at the cross when Christ bought us back. In doing so he offers us freedom. The question is do you live your life in that freedom? Join me as we learn about Redemption and how to live our life in freedom.
Prayer:

 Ask God to help you apply this to your life.

Dear Lord, I thank you for the servant Jesus was. I ask you to put a desire in my heart to serve like Jesus served. When I get weary and tired from serving, please help me. Help me to not focus on the overwhelming needs around me, but on you. Pour your love and direction into this tired body. In Jesus Name, Amen



I hope you have learned that as much as I have through this study. Show me pictures of your journal? What part of redemption stuck out to you the most?




No comments:

Post a Comment